Sunday, July 17, 2011

flashback, part i.

The doctor said I have glucosoria when I went for a follow-up checkup after the results of an annual physical exam indicated high sugar in my blood. It was 1998 and I was working as a manager for a data processing company. According to the doctor it's a symptom of diabetes. True enough, I had already been noticing then that I was losing weight and hair and urinating quite frequently. At my biggest, I weighed 186 pounds and measured 36 inches around the waist. Yeah, life had been treating me better than well. I got alarmed by what the doctor told me, but only briefly. I even actually felt thankful of the weight loss - I mean, minus the physical exertion it's a good thing, right? As for the vanishing hair and the abnormal urination, I managed. No problem is too big when you run the other way. Ahh regrets I have a few. Quite a few. 



No comments:

Post a Comment